Umrah Packages for 2016/2017 : The umrah visas are closed at the moment, the next Umrah Season will Insha Allah begin from 15th November 2016. Please bookmark this web site we will update the rates soon.
Swine Flue Precations During Hajj & Umrah
Ministry of Hajj Saudi Arabia Health Regulations for 1430 H
The Ministry of Health has issued health requirements to be met for Hajj and Umrah seasons of 1430 (2009) by pilgrims and Umrah performers.
SWINE FLU PRECAUTIONS: The recommendations promulgated by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Health include:
- that the age of a pilgrim or an Umrah performer should not be over 65 years or less than 12 years
- that pilgrims suffering from chronic diseases such as heart disease, liver, kidney and complications of diabetes, obesity or any other diseases affecting the health and immunity should not perform Umrah or Hajj until the situation improves.
As for those performing Hajj this year, the Minister stressed that according to these recommendations persons heading to the Two Holy Mosques, should take seasonal flu vaccine two weeks before traveling to the holy places, and if the swine flu vaccine is available before Hajj season, it should be taken two weeks prior to traveling
What is Swine Flu?
Swine flu is a Type A influenza virus which causes regular outbreaks of flu in pigs, but is rarely fatal. In the past. swine flu has not normally affected humans, although there have been a few cases reported in people with direct exposure to pigs or in those who have been near pigs. From December 2005 to February 2009, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 12 cases of human infection with swine flu.
Symptoms of Swine Flu
The symptoms of swine flu are usually like those of regular seasonal flu these symptoms include:-
- chills (Feeling cold or shivering)
- loss of appetite
- Body aches
- runny nose
- watery eyes
- throat irritation
- nausea and vomiting
- in some people with chronic conditions or weekness, pneumonia may also develop
Precautions Against Swine Flu
Good standard flu prevention techniques are recommended to protect yourself against swine flu:
- Get a regular seasonal flu vaccination before you leave for travel.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot running water. If hot water is not available, use an non-alcohol-based hand gel. You can Buy this in mecca
- When you cough and sneeze, cover your mouth and nose. Wash your hands after coughing.
- Avoid being near others who might be sick.
- Avoid being close to some one who is sneezing or caughing
- Stay home if you have fever sneezes, cough or wometing
- Use your own glass for wather
- Do not drink water or tea in used disposable cups
- Carry some vitamin C juices like orange juice and drink it in mornings
- Don't use too much cold water chilled soft drinks
- Eat only hot and fresh food