Travel & Culture Services
Serving since 1997
Travel Guide to Pakistan
Welcome to the fabulous Pakistan.
(See paragraph 8)
THE PERSONAL BAGGAGE, TRANSFER OF RESIDENCE AND GIFT SCHEMES
(IMPORT OF VEHICLES) RULES, 2008.
Definitions.-In this Appendix, unless the subject or context signifies otherwise.-
(a) “vehicle” means passenger car, bus, van, trucks, pick ups including 4X4
(b) “Earning Certificate” means a certificate issued by an authorized officer of Pakistan Embassy, Consulate or Mission abroad (including Honorary Consulate) in the form at Annex-I;
(c) “Family” means parents, sister, brother, husband, wife and children whether married or not, but excluding children under eighteen years of age;
(d) “Gift Undertaking” means a certificate issued by an authorized officer of Pakistan Embassy, Consulate or Mission abroad (including Honorary Consulate) in the form at Annex-II;
(e) “Last Two years” for the purpose of eligibility to import or gift another car, means a period of seven hundred days from the date on which Bill of Entry for the last import under this Order was filed; and
(f) “Pakistan National” means a citizen of Pakistan residing abroad and includes a person having dual nationality, and a foreign national of Indo-Pakistan origin holding Pakistani origin card ; but does not include minors.
2. Eligibility.- (1) Subject to the conditions stipulated here-under Pakistan Nationals are eligible to import or gift a vehicle:
Provided that students receiving remittance from Pakistan; non-earning members of families of the Pakistan national and those who have imported, gifted or received a vehicle during the last two years are not eligible.
(2). Vehicles may be imported as personal baggage or on Transfer of Residence or as gift.
3. Conditions of Import.-(1)Vehicles more than five years old shall not be allowed to be imported under gift, personal baggage and transfer of residence scheme. This condition shall apply to the vehicles arriving on or after the 1st July, 2008.
(2) Minimum stay abroad for import as personal baggage shall be 180 days within the last seven months preceding the date of application.
(3) Minimum stay abroad requirement for gifting a vehicle or importing under transfer of residence shall be at least 700 days during the past three years.
(4) A vehicle may be gifted only to a family member normally resident in Pakistan.
(5) In case of cars with engine capacity of 1800 cc and above and 4x4 vehicle in new condition to be imported either under personal baggage or under gift scheme, the duty and axes will be paid out of foreign exchange arranged by Pakistan nationals themselves or local recipient supported by bank encashment certificate showing conversion of foreign remittance to local currency.
(6) A motorcycle or scooter shall be allowed to be imported upon transfer of residence provided that there shall be no entitlement to import a vehicle and the same conditions shall apply mutatis mutandis, as are applicable to import of a vehicle.
(7) Agricultural tractors, bulldozers, laser land levelers and combined harvesters will also be allowed under gift, baggage and transfer of residence schemes subject to the same conditions as applicable for import of vehicles. However, import thereof under gift scheme will be allowed once every year.
4. Procedure for import:- (1) Personal baggage: Filing of Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 accompanied with the following documents namely;-
a) Purchase receipt;
b) Bill of Lading dated not later than 120 days from the date of arrival
in Pakistan of the applicant; and
c) Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan Origin Card (original passport or Pakistan Origin Card required .to be checked by customs at the time of clearance).
(2) Gift Scheme: Filing of Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 accompanied with the following documents namely;-
a) Gift undertaking, not more than six months old;
b) NIC of donee;
c) Purchase receipt;
d) Bill of Lading (showing name and address of consignee);
e) Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan Origin Card; and
f) Earning certificate.
(3) Transfer of residence: Filing of Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 accompanied with the following documents namely;-
a) Purchase receipt;
b) Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan Origin Card (original passport or Pakistan Origin Card may be required to be checked by the customs at the time of clearance);
c) Valid driving licence;
d) Bill of Lading (dated not later than 120 days from the date of arrival of applicant; and
e) Earning certificate.
5. Import of cars by non-privileged foreign nationals and restrictions on sale of such cars.- A non privileged foreign national who comes to Pakistan on a specific contract of service with any local or foreign firm or with a Government or semi-Government authority in Pakistan can bring a car as personal baggage.
5. Permission to re-export the vehicles brought in contravention of this Order.-Where a vehicle is brought into Pakistan by a Pakistani national in contravention of this Order, he may be permitted to re-export such vehicle:
Provided that where the importer brings such vehicle against fake or forged documents, he shall, in addition to the confiscation of the vehicle, be liable to such other penalty as may be imposed under any law for the time being in force.
[See paragraph 1(b) of Appendix-E]
APPLICATION FOR GRANT OF CETIFICATE IN RESPECT OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE EARNING/SAVINGS BY PAKISTANI NATIONALS FOR IMPORT OF MOTOR VEHICLES INTO PAKISTAN
(To be filled in by the applicant and submitted to the Pakistan Diplomatic Mission in triplicate)
Name of the applicant ……………………………………………………………………
2. Occupation of the applicant while outside Pakistan (if employed, state name and address
of employer and exact designation or nature of work _____________________________
3. Address of the application during his stay abroad.
4. Pakistan Passport No______________________ date of issue _____________________
Place of issue _________________________ Issued by __________________________
5. Date of last departure from Pakistan _________________________________________
6. Date of intended departure from foreign country for Pakistan ______________________
7. Details of income/legitimate earnings abroad on account of wages, salaries and all allowances, etc. duly supported by the original documents/evidence;
PARTICULARS ………………………………………….. AMOUNT ……………………..
Gross total: _______________________
A. Less taxes paid to Foreign Govt.
B. Less Board and Lodging expenses @ ST. or $ per day
($ 5 per day for immigrant Labour and 10 per day for others)
C. Net savings ______________
8. Particulars of motor vehicle to be imported into Pakistan;
(i) Make ____________________ Year and model ________________________
(ii) Value (C&F) ____________________________________________________
9. Proof of payment;
(i) company’s or dealer’s original receipt ________________________________
(ii) Whether paid in cash or by cheque ___________________________________
(To be issued by the Pakistan Diplomatic Mission)
1. This is to certify that from the documents and evidence produced by
income by legitimate earnings during his/her stay in __________________________________
From _____________________ To _______________________ has been calculated as under:-
(i) Gross income ________________________ (in words)______________
(ii) . Net savings after deduction of taxes, board and lodging expenses @ $ 10/5
per day for _________________days__________________
2. The documents on which this certificate is based are annexed herewith for presentation to
the Authority alongwith the certificate at the time of applying for issue of import permission.
3. Also certified that it has been made clear to the applicant that the issue of the certificate does not in any way imply any commitment on the part of the Authority to issue the import permission, which shall be governed by the rules and Regulations in force at the time of filling of complete application with them.
4. The certificate is valid for six months for presentation to the Authority along with applications and other documents prescribed therein.
Date __________________________ (Name of the official in block letters)
Place ___________________________________ Seal of the Mission. _____________________
[See paragraph 1(d) Appendix-‘E’]
(To be executed by a Pakistani national for the purpose of gift of motor car to a member of his family in
I ____________________________Son/daughter of ____________________________
resident ____________________________ of _________________________ declare as under:-
(i) that I proceeded abroad on ________________________________
and I have completed two years stay abroad on ________________
(ii) . that I propose to send a car as gift to my ______________________
(state relationship) who is living permanently in Pakistan at the following
(Full address) ___________________________________________
(in case of son/daughter).
(iii) that I have not imported a car for myself or for any member of my family during
the past two years.
(iv) that I shall not import another car within a period of two years even if I return
within this period on retirement or transfer;
(v) that the car is not being gifted to a minor;
(vi) Details of my Passport are as under;
No. ________________________ Date of issue ______________________
Place of issue ________________ issued by_________________________
(vii) . that the car will be/has been purchased out of my own earning outside Pakistan.
(in block letters)
Certified that the above declaration/undertaking has been executed and signed by
Mr./Mrs./Miss. ____________________________________________ who is residing at the
following address, before me:-
1. The statement at (i), (iii), (vi) and (vii) have been verified by me. The undersigned has further verified that the applicant did not visit Pakistan for a period of more than 60 days at a time during the last two years. This certificate which is being issued in quadruplicate under the instructions of the Ministry of Commerce is valid for six months for presentation to the Authority along with application and other documents prescribed therein.
Place ___________________ Signature _________________
Date ___________________ Name ____________________
Enclosures ___________________ Seal of Pakistan Mission
Advertise on this site click for advertising rates